Monday, June 3, 2013

Moving Day!

It was Moving Day and I was stoked! I loved moving to new places! At least most of the time. It was Friday so I was supposed to work until six pm, but luckily, my boss let me off an hour early so I drove over to my new place to unload things I had already loaded into the trunk the night before. I was drenched with sweat by the time I finished unloading the few boxes, bags, and bin I had stowed into the trunk and backseat. After that, I drove home and ate dinner before picking up Matt. He ate a quick dinner at a Chinese take-out food restaurant while I watched Pixar's Up on television. Matt watched some parts of it, but he didn't want to watch the eight minute montage because he said it would make him too sad. I could suddenly understand why he said that, he was afraid that was going to happen to us. I suddenly started to tear up because I realized how much he loved me and how afraid he was to lose me.

But after dinner, we went to move the rest of my stuff. We tried to buy string to tie my mattress to the roof of my car and move it, but we couldn't find any that were strong enough and most stores were closed by then anyway. I started to become really stressed and worried and I babbled a lot. Matt began to get annoyed and asked me to stop worrying. "But I feel like it's helping me think," I said, although a part of me knew that he was right and that I was worrying too much. We decided to give up on the string and we had a long talk instead. I told him about all of my fear and self-doubt and why I worried so much. He said that he used to worry about his future a lot, too. He would oscillate between thinking he was on top of the world to being racked with self-doubt about his future. Matt said that he stabilized once he started working and that he believed I would reach that point someday too. I agreed with him, saying that I know I would reach that point one day, it's just that right now, I'm still wading in a lot of fear and self-doubt. "I can't wait to be where you are in life," I told him. "One day, you will be," he replied. I hope he's right. Wait a minute, I know he's right and if I just work hard for another year, I can finish my degree and finally start my life. For now, however, I have to move house.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.