Sunday, March 10, 2013

Ocean Run

I was talking to one of the people at my internship and he told me about something called an "ocean run". He said that when he attended his niece's wedding in the Caribbean, they had horses for people to go horseback riding. Now there were two kinds of horseback riding people could do at that time. One was a mountain run in which people rode horses through the mountains and the other was an ocean run where people rode the horses...OUT TO SEA. He said that all you had to do was climb onto the horse's back, grab its mane, and then ride along as it swam thirty feet out into the ocean. The thought both terrified and entranced me. Being hydrophobic and unable to swim, I had an intense fear of drowning and of deep water. On the other hand, the idea of riding a horse out to sea was one of the most thrilling things I could think of and frankly, I couldn't wait to try it. I would probably have a panic attack if I did try it, but the adventurous part of me was dying to get out there and do it anyway. I'll put that as a tentative item on my bucket list: Do an ocean run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.