Thursday, March 14, 2013

Invented Cereal

Last night I was hungry, but I didn't want a full meal so I decided to munch on some granola I had in the pantry. Then I thought about trying it with milk. I had a roommate who often ate granola in a bowl milk, much like other people would eat cereal. So I took the last of my soy milk and poured it into a bowl of granola. Crunch, crunch, crunch, went my eating. It's good, I thought. But I wonder what would happen if I put my corn flakes into it too. It can't make it any worse. So I poured some corn flakes into it. Now I was really going, crunching through my granola which contrasted nicely with the bland taste of my bed of corn flakes. Kind of sweet, too, I thought as I noted that I had bought honey oat granola, thereby giving it a slightly sweet but not overpowering flavor. Hmmm, I could make a cereal out of this...Right on the heels of that thought was another thought: There already IS a cereal made from this--Honey Bunches of Oats, which just happened to be my favorite cereal. Somehow, some way, I had unwittingly bought all of the ingredients to make my favorite cereal and ended up combining all of them in concocting a home-made version of it. Aren't I original?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.