Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snoopy slippers

I accompanied my roommate when she went shoe shopping today and came home with two new pairs myself. I bought some sky blue Snoopy slippers. They were on sale--only $7 for the entire pair. I also found an affordable pair of snow boots--black with furry insides. Strangely enough, for both pairs of shoes, I had to get them two sizes bigger to fit. I'm normally a size six, but this time, I had to upgrade to a size eight in order for my feet to feel comfortable in the shoes. I thought that maybe it was just a late-bloomer growth spurt, but then I tried on other pairs of shoes size six and they still fit (some were even a bit big on me). Then I reasoned that I had to buy some shoes in bigger sizes because they were made out of thicker material. Either that or the shoes aren't always made following a standardized measuring system. My two roommates got a pair of slippers for themselves as well. One got a black pair of Snoopy slippers and the other one bought light blue slippers. I saw some Hello Kitty socks and Tinkerbell socks that I wanted to buy as well, but decided against it. I already had plenty of socks, even if half of them were missing their mate.

At least now, I have slippers to wear around the house when it's cold and snow boots for wearing when it's ankle-deep drifts outside. I suppose the snow boots can also double for rain boots since they're waterproof. Hmmm, that was a good bargain after all. So Asian of me, always looking for a good bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.