Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wine-Tasting

I went wine-tasting with a few friends this past weekend and boy, was I tipsy. I had the equivalent of about a glass or two of wine and I was stumbling all over the place and laughing at everything...

I really should get tipsy more often. The world is funnier that way. :)

The first wine tasting was in this farmer's market that made and sold their own wine. The lady conducting the wine-tasting seemed very knowledgeable and to really enjoy what she did. I got my first taste of berry wine here. The second wine tasting was on a winery where there was this sweeping view of mountains, orchards, and wide open field. It reminded me very much of Long Creek from back home and once again, I felt this strong urge to go live in nature. Although, if I ever did, I wouldn't pick a place so cold...

In addition to the new wines, I got my first taste of wine crackers. They serve them with wine tastings to cleanse the palate. They are these tiny, crunchy things that remind me of white, puffed up Cheez-its. They tasted more like shortbread than Cheez-its, however, and I liked them so much that I just kept popping them into my mouth, even when I didn't really need to cleanse my palate. They went very well with the wine and made me curious to try different desserts with wine. I'm definitely coming back here again.

Matt bought a bottle of semi-sweet Hard Cider for us to drink on Valentine's Day weekend. I also liked the Stone House White Wine so one day I'll go back and buy that. Matt said that we should start up a wine collection with red wines for him and sweet white wines for me. I agreed. I didn't mind wine as long as it was sweet and with low alcohol. I know that's not the classy way to drink it, but seeing how I got tipsy from just one glass, then that should be enough warning to stick to the lighter stuff. I'm such a lightweight, but I am starting to enjoy wine more, even if in just small doses. Another plus, we got to keep our wine glasses from the tasting so Matt and I came home with four new wine glasses. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.