Friday, January 4, 2013

Number 4: Defining Your Personal Style

My personal style has developed and consolidated as I've grown older. There are some things that have remained consistent over the years. For example, I loved dressing in classic black and white. I love red, too, especially if it's bright and vibrant red. Sometimes, I'll throw the red in with the black and white and go for a muted "vampire look." I used to dress a lot in red, white, and blue as well (not for patriotic reasons, though. I just thought the three colors looked good together. There's probably a good reason that many of the world's flags used red, white, and blue). As for other styles that have evolved over the years, I like checkerboard and argyle patterns. I love fleur-de-lis and I absolutely adore gothic lolita style. I've always wanted a plaid gothic lolita dress. I also like combat boots and coats that show off a woman's waist. One of my favorite outfits is to wear combat boots with a plaid dress and lacy corset. Maybe a bit extreme for some people, but it's what I like. At least for right now.

On the other hand, there are styles I'm not particularly fond of, such as paisley (I hate paisley!), animal prints (except for zebra), and houndstooth. Actually, I'm a bit on the fence about houndstooth. Sometimes I think people wear it well. For example, I love Lady Gaga's houndstooth outfit and piano, but other times I don't like it. Maybe that will change as I get older.

More updates on my personal style as it evolves.

1 comment:

  1. My mother loves houndstooth, cheetah print. I abhorred houndstooth as a child as I felt she wore it too much.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.