Friday, January 4, 2013

Color-coordinating

Related to my previous post about defining my personal style, I was talking to Matt about how I wanted to learn how to color-coordinate this year. I'm so bad at color-coordinating. I'm the kind of person who wears  a shirt with horizontal stripes while donning pants with vertical stripes. Then I have mismatched socks on underneath the pants. Big fashion faux-pas. I've never really thought much about fashion or color-coordinating when I was younger, but now that I'm older, I start to notice how coordinated outfits really make for a well-put-together look. It's aesthetically pleasing. It draws the eye without desperately screaming, "Look at me! Look at me!"

Matt said that he thought learning to color-coordinate was a good idea and told me about how they make an app for people to coordinate color schemes. He told me that computer designers use it to coordinate color templates for webpages, but that it could also be used for color-coordinating clothes, too. I should look into that. My phone cannot use apps, but maybe I can learn how to color-coordinate from books and online articles. I also have a coworker at my internship who is good at color-coordinating so maybe I could learn from her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.