Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Going Home

My father called me twice today to ask what time I was going home. Ugh. And he wants me home before dark too so that means that the latest I can leave is around 5. I really don't want to be with my family this winter break. Thanksgiving Break was only five days long and even that almost killed me. I just really wished that I was financially independent from my family because then I wouldn't feel guilty about saying that I don't want to come home. For right now, though, I don't make ANY money so every cent I spend is technically my parent's money (or student loan money) which means that I feel guilty if I can't do the simple act of just visiting them every once in a while.

I wish I wasn't this way. I wish I did enjoy being with my family and that I couldn't wait to be with them every chance I get. Hah! So much for that. I wondered how I managed it in previous years. I used to...sort of remember being happy around my family. Now it's just stressful. There's so much tension and conflict there. And my father. Oh, don't even get me started on my father. Most likely, he'll want to talk to me over winter break.

Kill me.

Hope everyone else is having a nice Winter Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.