Saturday, December 26, 2009

The day after Christmas

The day after Christmas always feels strange for me. Everything seems to go back to normal so soon, like Christmas never happened. I turned on my car radio and it was playing the music it usually did--oldies and light rock. No more Christmas carols or religious hymns, no more remakes, covers, or instrumental versions of the usual holiday songs. It all feels so surreal.

So what did everyone get for Christmas? I know that it's odd to be saying that on a blog post but I always feel the compulsion anyway. I like to inflate my ego but pretending that this blog is actually addressed to someone, not just me musing out loud. I often like to pretend that I'm writing a letter to the world and that the world is writing back. It's nice to have an audience.

1 comment:

  1. I got lots and lots of makeup!!:D
    I didn't ask for anything specific so everything I got was a surprise, and quite good ones at that. I was very pleased! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.