Thursday, October 1, 2009

Being hit on by old white guys....

This happened on Tuesday. I was in Ingles buying groceries to make dinner and I was pretty much done when this old white guy in one of those scooter-motor-shopping carts came up to me and said, "You're a really pretty girl."

I thought he was just trying to be nice. "Thank you," I said back, just to be polite.

"You're a really pretty girl," he said again. "I like your hat. What are you, Chinese?"

OF COURSE. Just because I'm Asian, it MUST mean that I'm Chinese.

"Vietnamese, actually," I told him.

"Oh, well, you're a really pretty girl," he repeated. And then he said something unintelligible. And RIGHT AFTER THAT, he said, "If you'll pardon the sexy language."

I laughed nervously. "Okay." And then I pushed my shopping cart away to go check out.

Wowz. I told my roommates about it later and my friend Raven said that old white guys liked to hit on Asian females because they have this fantasy that the girl will be submissive to them. Ahahahahaha. Yeah. Right. Just wait until you know me.

Raven also mentioned that the unintelligible thing I heard might have been his attempt at speaking Chinese...even AFTER I told him that I wasn't Chinese. I definitely know that it wasn't my language, but to try that anyway? I don't even know what to call it.

Anyway, here is what I've been cooking so far in my attempts to feed my roommates something edible:

Monday: Chicken Florentine
Tuesday: Sauteed Chicken (family recipe)
Wednesday: Oreo Cheesecake (for dessert, not for a meal)
Thursday: Haven't decided yet. I do know that I need to buy some more noodles so I can finish off the leftover spaghetti but I don't know what to cook tonight. Eh, I'll probably wing it.

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.