Monday, September 14, 2009

Sleepy? Not.

You ever have one of those mornings where you wake up even though you still have time to sleep? Yeah, it's been happening to me a lot lately. Anyway, it meant that I couldn't enjoy my last half-hour of peaceful bliss/sleep because I kept thinking: "Did I oversleep? Is my alarm clock working? What if I don't wake up in time for class?"

What happened to me? I used to be the girl who would literally hit the snooze button at least three times in the morning and then drag myself out of bed with fifteen minutes to go to class. Now I'm just...different. Not in a bad way (I never miss class anymore), but I'm still dazed by the radical changes I'm going through.

So today was the big day, my day to shine. Well, it wasn't really a big deal. It was my first exam of the semester and I really wanted to do well so I could impress the guy I liked. That meant I spent most of the weekend studying and as always, most of what I study does not show up on the exam at all. I counted up my mistakes and I got at least six. That means that the highest grade I will get is an 88. GREAT...I study all weekend and this is what I get. Why doesn't the teacher just fail me already?

It was funny because I was talking to my friend John about that today and he replied in appropriate sarcastic tones: "OH...an 88 is just SO BAD. I can't believe I FAILED." Raven commented with her experiences that Asians are always acting like it's life or death with grades. She told us the story about how her former roommates (all Chinese) would cry and wail if they got A minuses.

John said that if he got an 88, he'd be: "That's great." That's easy for him to say. He doesn't have anyone he needs to impress. I can't impress my crush with a fricking 88.

On the bright side, I got to hear John's life story today. He came over to visit everyone and when I asked him about his life, he launched into his life story. I love listening to people's life stories. Sometimes, I wish I could write them down but I guess I would miss the spontaneity of it.

Lastly, Johnathon took me weight-lifting today and all I have to say is: my arms feel like they are made out of flimsy rubber. I didn't know I had atrophied this much. I used to be so much stronger.

Hopefully I'll do better soon,

jumira-wings

3 comments:

  1. An exam every week. Hmm... maybe we should get together and you know... Off ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel about the 88. :/

    And my friend Melissa freaks out about getting A minuses too but she's not Asian so maybe super-smart kids feel like they're dying with lower than A grades, eh?

    "I'm so smart with my 88!" *smug face* Hehee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not Asian and I hate getting B's. Except lately I've been getting more and more. It's a killer to be average.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.