Monday, June 3, 2013

Packing

I was packing to move house when I realized: I HAVE WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. And this is coming from a minimalist. For example, I have a bottle of hospital shampoo from when I had stomach surgery four years ago. FOUR years ago! I have a iPod station even though I lost my iPod at the gym a year ago. I keep thinking to myself that I'm going to get another iPod someday, but am I ever really going to do that? You know what? Maybe I will! I'll save up money for an iPod so I can have music and use my iPod docking station. And I'll use that shampoo! As soon as the one I have right now runs out...

But seriously, I want to go through all of my stuff and give things away. I mean, do I really need eight wine glasses?! I don't even drink wine! And I never have friends over for a wine-tasting party! Besides, I might end up breaking them, considering how klutzy I am and how many glass things I've accidentally shattered. And these towels! Why do I need five towels and a butterfly beach towel? I haven't been to the beach in years! And am I really going to use all five towels at any point in time?

It's time for these things to go. Or for me to use some of the things. It's time to simplify, simplify, simplify. From now on, I'm packing lighter and feeling better about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.