Tuesday, June 4, 2013

First World Problems

I woke up late today. I couldn't find my phone charger last night and so my phone ran out of battery the night before. It was strange because my phone alarm clock usually goes off regardless of whether or not it has battery power or has been shut off. This is the first time it has failed me. That was when I knew that I had to stop relying on my cell phone for everything, especially for things involving time. So I resolved to go buy myself a clock and a watch over the weekend. I might even go the thrift store tomorrow to buy them then.

Anyway, with only fifteen minutes to prepare for work, I rushed through my morning routine, got dressed, packed my lunch, and then I was on the go. I actually got to work five minutes early and I brought enough food for lunch that I ended up eating some of it for breakfast right there in the office. My boss came in at nine, but she didn't care if I was eating so I just continued chowing down on breakfast.

I also ran into my first frustration at work today as I proofed recipe cookbooks and tried to modify their formatting. Luckily, Maggie, the receptionist at the office, was celebrating her birthday today, and so everyone had a slice of her chocolate cake, including me. It was a nice reward for all that I dealt with in the morning (Wow, that sounds exactly like a first-world problem. I ate someone's else birthday cake as a reward for my frustrations in working with Microsoft Word). In either case, still a very good day. It stopped raining today and they were playing Michael Buble's "It's a Beautiful Day" on the radio when I was driving to work. It was a beautiful day. 59 degrees and sunny. I enjoyed the weather when I was taking a stroll through downtown after work.

By the time I got home, I was supposed to make dinner, but I was so tired of eating pasta (I had eaten pasta for the last three days. Again, another first-world problem), so I made myself an unhealthy bowl of sodium-laden Ramen instead. Sometimes, it's the best comfort food in the world, especially when I feel sick of every other food I have available in my fridge. It also works well in a pinch if I'm too tired or busy to cook dinner. I can see why college students eat it all the time. Well, that and it's super cheap. I am careful about how often I eat it, though, since I know it's not good for me. As for now, I'll enjoy every once in a while when I get the hankering for it. I think I'll go the local Korean grocery store tomorrow and buy more Asian groceries. I'm getting a craving for lo mein again and maybe I could try making it myself for the first time. Also, I might try making coffeecake sometime this week so watch for that post, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.