Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Asian Ladies and Chocolate

I was in the grocery store yesterday when I noticed that there were these Asian women ahead of me in line and they had SO MUCH CHOCOLATE. There must have been several dozen bars of chocolate of all kinds, thin bars and truffles, thick, bite-sized pieces, and round pieces of chocolate wrapped in shiny foil. The three women had their arms loaded with chocolate and there was so much that they spilled out onto the checkout counter. The lady ringing them up looked appalled, her eyes wide, but she did not say anything as she rang them up. "Are you okay?" I asked the cashier. She just glanced at me but did not say anything. After she rang them up, the Asian women paid and left, still talking about the chocolate. I think they might try to resell the chocolate or maybe they're having a chocolate tasting party or something. Or possibly they might be sending them back home to their families. I remember that when I went to visit my home country when I was fourteen, my mother bought bars of soap and chocolate to give out as gifts to everyone there. At least, I hope those ladies were not just going to sit and eat all the chocolate themselves. Think of the diabetes. And the cavities. And the unhealthy weight gain. Goodness. I don't know what they're going to do with that much chocolate but I'm curious to find out. Maybe one day, I'll run into them again. Or hear about them in the newspaper: Asian women try to win chocolate eating contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.