Monday, April 8, 2013

Springtime!

Spring is finally here! Today was the first day I felt like it was finally here, anyway. There have been yellow tulips and violets growing on the leafy banks of a creek that runs by my house and my lawn is dotted by these tiny white flowers. I love them so much and feel so bad about stepping on them that when I walk home from school, I go all the way around them and take the winding sidewalk to my front step instead of trampling all over the lawn. I hope my landlord doesn't cut the grass any time soon. These little flowers bring such joy walking to and from school that I will be very sad if he cuts them up along with the grass. Aside from that, the weather was so gorgeous that I took advantage of it by walking to the farmer's market to buy groceries. I also bought sunscreen at the dollar store for the scorching summer days ahead.

Also, even though I'm glad that springtime is here, I felt it arrived all in one day. The weather for the past month has been strange, fluctuating up and down with several cold, windy days peppered with days that SEEM like spring is here. O Mother Nature, thou are a finicky mistress. Now that the first day of spring is here, the temperature went from 12.2 degrees Celsius in the morning (that's 54 degrees Fahrenheit for you standard system folk) to 26.1 degrees Celsius by mid-afternoon (79 F)! When I was driving home from internship, I rolled down the windows to feel the breeze, but it got so heated in the car that I had to give up, roll up the windows, and turn on the air conditioning. This coming from a woman who can tolerate 34 degree C (94 F) weather in long jeans and a jacket! Well, springtime, you sure do know how to roll in all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.