Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day Weekend: Part I

So Matthew and I spent some time with Bill and Hector over Valentine's Day weekend and we had a blast! First, we went to their ritzy hotel in Times Square, and waited for Hector to finish dressing. As Matt and I were waiting in the foyer, we took a look around at the ceiling and walls of the place. The interesting thing about the hotel was that the foyer's ceiling was made of glass and had water flowing on the top of it. The walls were dark green marble and so it gave this effect of being in some classy aquatic lobby. It also had an interesting smell, not quite sea breeze or aquarium, but the fresh smell of water, slightly chlorinated. After a minute, Bill came down in the elevator and took us up to the lobby. On the frickin' seventh floor. Who has a lobby on the frickin' seventh floor?! This hotel, I guess. Anyway, the lobby was dimly lit with plush couches everywhere. It really looked like the kind of VIP room where celebrities hung out. Bill and Matthew compared phones and checked the weather forecast for tomorrow while I just passed the time looking at these women with VERY long legs and doing a critique. I'm very snobby about those kinds of things. When Hector arrived, we took him and Bill on a subway ride to Matt's apartment where we all had a dinner of spaghetti and pasta sauce (Matt likes to keep it simple). This is also when I found out that Hector likes to put avocado on everything, even spaghetti.

"I like to put soy sauce on everything," I commented. Bill laughed.
"I'm being serious." He got really quiet. End evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.