Friday, February 22, 2013

Dragon Dance and Chinese Food

After the tour, Bill, Hector, Matt, and I went to Manhattan Chinatown for lunch and there was confetti everywhere! Everyone was celebrating the Lunar New Year and several groups of people were traveling up and down the street visiting shop after shop to perform the dragon dance. There were huge drums on trolleys, people banging cymbals, and boys snaking through the streets and stairwells underneath the colorful guise of their dragon skin. So I got to celebrate Chinese New Year, after all, I thought and while I enjoyed it, I was relieved when the dragons left the restaurant so we could all sit down to a (relatively) quiet lunch.

Once again, I ate a lot of food, but I was much better at controlling myself this time then the last time I ate at a Chinese eatery. Poor Hector. He took one bite of the food and decided he didn't like it, so he didn't eat anything else. He was probably the hungriest out of us all and so I felt bad that he didn't like the food they had to offer.

One day, I want to try eating at the restaurant by myself to see what I can order. Definitely dumplings. Lots and lots of dumplings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.