Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Saturday's Get-together

This past Saturday, I hung out with my school friends in downtown. We ate lunch together at a restaurant and then went to a friend's house to play a board game. I really miss having time to hang out with friends and then a realization struck me: How in the world did I have that much free time in college?! Surely, I was busy then, too! But no, I had considerably more free time as an undergraduate than I do now in grad school. It's sad really. I feel as if I just get busier as I get older and there's less free time to enjoy anything--whether it's hobbies, time with friends, or just time alone. Hopefully, I will have a lot more free time (and money) once I finish school and start working. For now, I honestly don't see how other people do it, especially those getting their Ph.D. That's about five years of life gone. And yet somehow people still have time to pursue hobbies, dating, and do all of their dissertation work...I must learn their secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.