Monday, October 8, 2012

Oct. 5, 2012


My internship agency is closed this Monday so I decided to drive out and visit my uncle and his family for this long weekend. I got a bit lost looking for his house, but I got there safely. When I arrived, I was shocked and overwhelmed. Dear Lord, his house is big. It’s like…a mansion.

Well, I  grew up working-class so any big house seems like a mansion. But seriously, his large, brick house is very upper-class. It has a long walkway flanked by two stone lions. There is a double-ended staircase and multiple sun rooms off to the side. One room serves as a study and the other as a playroom for his youngest child. There is an upright piano in one room and two dining rooms for the family. The basement has an exercise room and a home theater with a projector. Eight people live here—my uncle and his wife, their four children, and two grandparents. Plus me equals nine for the weekend. I’m in for a good time.

These are my thoughts as I’m climbing into bed: I’m tired and tense and…this is a REALLY NICE BED. Wow. I lie there enjoying the plushness and softness and airiness and…then half an hour, I’m sound asleep. Good night, everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.