Thursday, October 11, 2012

Internet Addiction

I wrote a blog post a while ago that talked about how I wasted too much time on the internet and how it was really just a distraction from loneliness. Well, today I was reading an article today on internet addiction and I thought, That's totally me! I get so wrapped up in surfing the web that I neglect homework, sleep, and social relationships. The article even said that a lot of internet addicts often rationalized, "Just a few more minutes..." and then that would spiral out of control.What's more, it usually added to feelings of loneliness and people would often pursue online intimacy at the expense of their real-life relationships.Some people were so addicted to the internet that it led to them losing their friends, their marriages, and even their jobs. I'm glad that I'm working to get myself off that path before I need serious help. Nowadays, I don't go on the internet often except for school. The rest of my internet time is spent blogging. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.