Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Back on Track

Whew. So I finally got my blog back on track.  I've posted all of the journal entries on backlog and sorted through a lot of my feelings. Some of the posts are published out of order, but I don't know how to correct that. For now, I have to leave them that way.

So what happened today? I ate lunch with friends again. This is becoming a regular thing. I also walked to school in the rain (underneath my trusty umbrella, of course). This is also becoming a regular thing. I've been doing lots of homework and actually keeping up with it. A third regular thing. I think life has taken on a good routine for me, a comfortable pace. However, this does not mean that it has gotten too relaxing. I still have to keep on top of burgeoning amounts of homework and watch my health habits. Fortunately, I've been really good at disciplining myself about getting to sleep at a good time--at least eight hours of sleep every night. Sometimes even nine or ten. I've been getting a regular amount of exercise, what with all the walking. Eating is on a regular schedule and I've kept up a healthy diet--lots of vegetables and controlling my intake of fatty foods and sweets. I still think I need to drink more water, but at least I've been taking my vitamins. Life is good.

Oh, and I finally disciplined myself about ironing my clothes on laundry day! I used to always put it off, rationalizing that I'll do it some other time. Then I'd be stuck having to go to some formal event and I wouldn't have any ironed pants or shirts to wear. From now on, I'm ironing clothes as soon as they dry.

Let's see...what other good habits can I develop? I think I can set aside a time each night to calm my brain and prepare for sleep. I feel as if my thoughts are racing 100 miles an hour in my head, always worrying about homework and errands and other things I have to do. I think now would be a good time to take up meditation practice again...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.