Tuesday, December 27, 2011

A Strange Wind

There was a strange wind blowing today. It made the treetops thrash about and whipped the dead autumn leaves into the air. The sky looks strange, too. It keeps alternating between being deceptively sunny and then suddenly overcast. When I went outside to observe the weather, the sky had two different tones to it. The horizon had large cumulus clouds wafting through it and pure blue sky in the distance. The middle of the sky, however, was completely covered by a dome of thick and heavy steel-grey clouds. It ran in arc-like streaks over the center of the atmosphere and appeared very foreboding indeed.

The original reason I came outside was because the wind was whipping about the windows of my parents' house even though it was pure sunlight streaming through the windows. Once I stepped outside, however, I caught the wind trying to make off with the trash can. It had whipped it out to the middle of the road and was dragging it pitifully across the cement.

"Oh crap, I better get that!" I quickly looked around for a pair of shoes. My father's loafers were nearby, but a spider had taken up residence in one of them. I opted for a pair of my brother's old Lacoste shoes instead. I raced outside to catch the trash can as it was skidding across the road. Then I replaced it behind the house, out of the wind's path. Oh dear. What now?

Actually, this kind of weather makes for a good story...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.