Monday, February 21, 2011

Chicken Crispers

Chicken Crispers is what decided the whole thing. My roommate Craig and I went to dinner with Lauren, his best friend from high school. Now let me explain something about Lauren--she's one of those people who can pull off being funny without effort. She doesn't regard herself as particularly funny, but her irreverent comments about life leave me laughing so much that I always end up feeling better than before.

Anyway, when she made plans to have dinner with us, she originally wanted to eat a place called Texas Roadhouse--a mainly Caucasian eating place. When Craig asked her why, she said, "Some of my white friends got me into it."

On the way driving there, she changed her mind and wanted chicken crispers. That is how we ended up at Chili's.

The three of us talked about depressing things for the first half of the evening--the people we used to date, news from hometown, friends fighting.

At least Lauren and Craig kept up good banter. I was too drowsy from my coffee dose earlier on to contribute much.

Lauren showed us the headlights on her Jeep when we were driving home. She turned them on and, for a split second, the outside looked like daytime. It was 9 o'clock at night.

Then we listened to depressing Rihanna songs and Lauren dropped Craig and me off at home.

Okay, I didn't tell that very well. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.