Sunday, October 24, 2010

Gyrating Churchgoer

I was in church this morning and something...unique happened. There was this young boy (no more than ten years old) standing three pews in front of me and halfway through the mass, he started gyrating his hips. I was dumbfounded, thunderstruck, flabbergasted, shocked, and amazed. I watched as his hips swam in figure eights and pow-wowed every which way. He eventually stopped, of course, but what was most surprising was that it seemed as if no one else noticed. The man standing next to him (I assume it was his father) did not notice. No one sitting behind him noticed or they would have been laughing, giggling, chortling, chuckling, or guffawing. Everyone just stared ahead stone-faced and reciting the Apostles' Creed. I glanced around to check. "Did anyone else see that?!" I wanted to shout. Nothing. Then I thought, "Man, what is wrong with you people? We have a male stripper in the making (in a Catholic church, mind you) and all you can do is act like brainwashed churchgoers reciting the Apostles's Creed."

WELL. I, for one, did enjoy the unexpected spectacle. Little gyrating boy, you are going places.

P.S. I put in all those synonyms for fun. I like to think of myself as a living thesaurus, even if that's a pretentious way of living.

1 comment:

  1. Maybe I should go to church just to look out for gyrating boys because seeing a stripper in the making would most likely make my day. That makes me sound like some sort of pedophile surely...

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.