Monday, September 20, 2010

Here's what I did today...

Aside from the earlier post of taking twenty minutes to walk to class just to find out that my teacher had canceled class, here is what I did today:

Went to the Salvation Army. Which made me realize that the question everyone should ask themselves is not "To be or not to be?" but instead: :"Should I buy an entertainment center at the Salvation Army or at Wal-Mart?"

Went to lab and actually participated in the discussion. THREE TIMES. I'm becoming outspoken...I like it.

Went to music practice in Brooks Center where some fly kept buzzing around and annoying me. I hurt my hand three times by trying to smack that thing out of existence. Apparently, I repeatedly forgot that my fingers are not flyswatters and that they feel pain when they slam against wooden objects. Either that, or I'm subconsciously masochistic.

Went to work where I was on my feet for six hours serving people coffee, whipped cream, other drinks, and the like.

I was able to work with a variety of my employees today, too, including Brittany, the new girl with short red hair. We didn't get to talk much since she left soon after I came in. I also worked with Gary, Brian, Jamie, Flen, Will, and Eric. Jamie, Gary, and Will are my favorites.

The line was also more insane than usual. Normally, after six or seven o'clock, business gets slow. This time, business was booming around that time. There was a steady stream of customers even after I left. Will came in at nine but I stayed on to do register and ring people up so that there would always be two people behind bar. Even then, we had a hard time keeping up. "Let's get this done," Will said to me after he noticed that I had stayed behind to help. Luckily, I didn't have to do register all day. Gary took care of customers for two hours when I first came in and Eric did register for the last hour. I was put on register for the three hours in the middle.

"Aw, come on, Lan Chi! You love to do register!" Jamie, my boss, said. I wasn't sure if she was being sarcastic or trying to coax me. Or both.
"Of course I love to do register," I said just as cheerily/sarcastic. "Why do you think I have this job?"

Jamie laughed. I'm glad she likes me.

And then I walked home after work, showered, and helped my brother revise his very first college paper. He made me download something called Skype so we could see as well as talk to each online. I thought it was a strange invention.

Craig came home from George's place and I reintroduced him to my brother. Then Craig went to sleep. As should I.

Good night,

jumirawings

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.