Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Starbursts and Music

There's this row of trees near Tillman Hall. Since it's fall, the trees have all these little pentacle-shaped autumn leaves, all gold. It almost looks as if there was a meteor shower one night and the slender branches reached out and caught all the stars as they were falling to the earth. I call them the Starburst Trees.

Anyway, that's my poetic thought for the day.

Secondly, I was in the Brooks Center (that's the performing arts center at my school. They have all these rooms where you could practice music) and I come to the only room where they have a practice carillon...only to find that there's some guy in there playing his trombone. I wanted to kick him out. BUT...I decided against it.

Also, there's this other guy who keeps playing the Flintstones theme song over and over again. It gets stuck in my head and I end up singing it all the way to class.

Another thing happened in the Brooks Center once. I was checking all the piano rooms and the only one with an available piano was across from this blond guy who was also playing the piano. Well, there really isn't much of a point in having separate rooms for the pianos since you can still hear everyone in EVERY ROOM (soundproofing? Mon oeil!). Anyway, I was practicing my usual songs when I heard the other guy playing something that sounded like Prelude. So I started playing Prelude. Right after that, I played Fur Elise. But when I finished, I realized that HE was also playing Fur Elise. It's like we were influencing each other. I never saw that guy again but that memory still makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.