Friday, September 4, 2009

Perfect Friday morning

I had the perfect Friday morning. Got up to go to the new Moe Joe's with Melissa. Ordered a caramel macchiato (that I enjoyed at the time, but ended up regretting later), and stared at clouds while Melissa sang me the Decembrists' butt song.

And then class started and everything went downhill. I printed out something for psychology class that I was supposed to post on an online portfolio instead. In Anthropology, I was quizzed on an article I didn't know I had to read. My last class just had me really depressed. AND since I skipped breakfast, I was starving by the time classes were through. Luckily, Melissa was nice enough to drive me home. She told me that she had just gotten back from lunch with Khoa. "It wasn't awkward," she said. At least that much is good.

Then I got home and we celebrated John's birthday, complete with balloons and a turtle cheesecake that Johnathon had bought. Raven, thankfully, made shrimp stir-fry and potatoes with me in mind.

The rest of the day was gorgeous. We all (plus a new friend) went to Anderson and hung out all night and sang 90s songs on John's iPod. I haven't had one of those "in-the-moment" moments in a long time. It was a night to remember.

And then we went home where everyone else went swimming while I opted to stay behind and do the dishes instead.

Ooh, and when everyone came back to the apartment, they brought a new friend--Vince. Things just keep getting better and better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.