Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thirsty Thursday

And, ONE DAY, I am going to mean something else by the term Thirsty Thursday but...I'm not legal yet so...onto other matters.

I missed the bus today. Twice. The first time I missed it, I was only ten seconds late. I thought about running alongside it Peter Parker style and pounding the side of the bus with my fist while shouting: "NO! WAIT! STOP THE BUS!I SAID STOP THE B--" WHAM. And then it would run me over while the other kids laughed. But no. I took my car instead. That WOULD have made for a very nice YouTube video though. I can see it now: "Girl gets run over by catbus". Hey, it wouldn't be the first time.

Anyway, I only had two classes today and luckily, they are the fairly easy ones. All I ever do in Cognitive Pscyh is copy the notes from the Powerpoint and then spend the rest of the time fantasizing about being a mermaid instead of listening to the teacher. And in Critical Writing Class, all I have to do is contribute one comment to the class discussion and then I can lapse into whatever else I feel like doing. I just have to make sure that I look like I'm paying attention every once in a while (which isn't hard since I sit at the back of the class and the teacher is too busy writing on that horrible squeaky chalkboard or trying to get other people to participate in class discussion to notice).

Aside from that, I'm glad we had a little drizzle of rain today. It was lucky that I ended up taking my car both times I had class because a) I saved Raven from standing in the rain waiting for the next bus to come (I did feel bad for everyone else who had to wait for a bus though...) and b) I found a new place to park near McClure's Bookshop. Wicked.

Dinner was great today. I went to Rockhopper's with Johnathon, Raven, our new friend (also named Jonathan. Gee, it's getting to be a really small world), and the entire LGBT community. The food was great, the conversation was stimulating...The only bad thing about that experience was that I ended up paying for my own meal (which means I literally have no more money in my wallet. This is great. Go me.) The invitation said it was Dutch treat, but oh well.

The good thing, however, was that I found another great place to eat. Oh, and that a "rockhopper" apparently refers to those tiny penguins with the bleached-blonde eyebrows. I'm assuming that they "hop" from rock to rock, hence the name.

After my meal, I went up to one of the hostesses but before I could say anything, she goes: "Oh, are you looking for the bathroom? It's down this hall, on your right." Now why would she think that I had to use the restroom? What if I wanted to ask her something else? But then again, I DID have to go to the bathroom and that WAS what I was going to ask her so...I guess I have no argument there. Instead I just looked dumbstruck and said, "How do you always know that?" She replies, "People looking for the restroom always have that face." Well, I certainly hope she didn't mean MY face because that would freak me out, all those people looking for a restroom who look just like me...

I did come up to her a second time though and asked where I could buy one of those gigantic stuffed penguins they had encaged in plastic and displayed around the restaurant. I wanted to buy a few for my penguin-loving friends (and one for me, of course). Well, guess what? She didn't know. She just said that they had been around here forever. Well, what a...oh, that's right. I'm not allowed to curse in front of the kids.

Anyway, that's all I had to say for now. Oh, and that I love The Fray. Just to let you all know. I heard their songs on the radio all day and in the Rockhopper's restaurant too. Not surprisingly, I find that I end up liking every one of their songs. As soon as I earn some money, I'm going to buy their CDs to play in my car when nothing good is on the radio.

Toodles and noodles,

jumira-wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.