Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So, back by popular demand

Here are the highlights of what happened today:

1) I was walking upstairs in the Brooks Center and I was right behind this one guy who had the NICEST calf muscles. I remember thinking: "Wow! What are you, a mountain biker?!" There was a girl walking behind me up the stairs and she must have thought I was checking him out by the way I kept staring at his legs. Anyway, all three of us got to the top of the stairs and then...he held the door open for us! AWWW...girls are suckers for the gentlemen type (or at least I am). And that guy was hot too. I kept thinking: "Dang! I'd bang you anytime. Standing offer."

2) My gas tank showed up empty today so I had to refill it. Gah, that's $20 down the drain. And I'm not making any money either. SO. I decided to ride the bus from now on. It saves gas and it saves time looking for a stupid parking space.

3) At the end of the day, I parked my car in the Reserves parking lot (it took me so long to find a parking space! Which is strange because that never happens here) and right when I stepped out of the car, I see this black shape near the ground. It turns out to be this really cool black cat. I was all, GASP! But it ran away when I tried to get near it. I saw it across the street and was trying to approach it but all these dumb cars were passing by between me and the cat. Luckily the headlights of one of the cars illuminated the cat's wicked awesome yellow eyes. Very witchy. Very cool. Anyway, it ran away when I tried to approach it again and then I couldn't find it anymore. T.T I also had a passing thought that maybe I was in one of those Twilight Zone episodes or a fantasy novel where I was the only one who could see the cat or that it was supposed to lead me to something (maybe my death, maybe a treasure, maybe some real-life witch right around the corner? Who knows?). Seriously though, it was like I was the only one who could see it. Admittedly, it was dark outside, but none of the other drivers saw it (which means they might have ran it over) and a group of residents walked by but they didn't notice it either. Huh...maybe I WAS the only one who could see it. Or at least I was the only one who noticed it.

4) There was also a group of guys standing on a third-floor balcony that I heard conversing with each other on my walk back to the apartment (this was after the cat incident). Either they were talking pretty loud or the sound carries around here because I could hear them pretty well. (I don't know why I listed this in the "Highlights of my day". Not really a highlight...)

5) My outfit was rocking! According to Melissa, I coordinated very well today and I looked very "Cameron" (referring to Dr. Allison Cameron from the TV show HOUSE). The only bad thing was that I thought it was pretty low-cut so if anyone was paying attention to me, they must have thought I was really interested in my boobs since I kept staring down my shirt to make sure nothing was showing. And, of course, nothing WAS showing (considering I don't have anything TO. SHOW).

6) Melissa and I hung out! We were going to the Semantics meeting together and spent the walk there talking about classes and Franz Ferdinand until we ran into...Jaclyn! That resulted in a lengthy conversation which ended up with us coercing her into throwing a going-away party. For herself, of course. And then Melissa and I had to hurry to Hendrix because we were late for the meeting (Franz Ferdinand contributed his "menacing voice" as the soundtrack to our harried departure). And Semantics was fun, albeit short. (Someone wrote a response poem to Melissa's poem! And I got to read it to everyone!) And then Melissa ended up going with me to Campus Crusade (needless to say, I was very shocked). We laughed while everyone (including us) sang about God's fire consuming his enemies. Melissa crushed on the cute drummer guy in the yellow t-shirt while I was getting a kick out of one of the backup singers. He was so into the singing that his head was often tilted towards the ceiling, his hands were raised, and his mouth was opened up so wide you could shove a giant sub sandwich into it. And then Melissa drove me to Chick-Fil-A and we talked while she ate dinner. That was it. I was dropped off near the Presbyterian Church to drive my own crazy self home and the night ended.

Note to self: Practice singing so you don't sound bad in public. I was singing Jason Mraz all the way back to my car and I'm not sure if the motorcyclist guy heard it (since he had a giant helmet on), but I'm sure all those Indian students across the street heard it. If I could hear them talking, they definitely could hear me singing.

Until next time,

jumira-wings

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.