Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Day

I woke up this morning just before my mom came into my room. She took one look at me and asked, "Why were you crying all last night?"

I sat up in bed and said, "I wasn't crying last night." And it was true too. I haven't cried myself to sleep in a long time. Now that I think about it, I'm in awe of that fact. Seems like every time my physical health goes down, my mental health goes up. (And vice versa. Strange, isn't it?)

Anyway, I brushed my teeth, washed my face, looked into the mirror, and then--OH, that's why Mom thought I was crying. My eyes were all watery and bloodshot. Yeah, real attractive, I know. I wasn't sure why it looked like that either. I literally slept for 11 hours last night (which ended up ticking me off since my parents didn't wake me up earlier. I had planned to shower before going to church, but now I had no time.) so they shouldn't have been that red, but oh well. Maybe it was the fact that I had lost so much sleep the past week. Not that I had been staying up late to do homework or anything. I generally went to bed around midnight but didn't fall asleep for hours.

The tear-stained look wasn't helped by the fact that I was sniffling all through church either (dern allergies). It really made me look like I was crying in the middle of church. Or bursting into tears at the priest's moving sermon, which would have been awkward since it wasn't really moving at all and people would have looked at me weird. I'm pretty sure some did since my mom decided to seat the family near the front of the church. Thanks Mom.

She meant well, though. Halfway through Mass, she asked me if I was okay, but I just asked to be excused to the bathroom instead. Obviously, this had never happened to me before. I had never looked like I was crying when I truly wasn't crying. I didn't even have a reason to be sad today. Just an ordinary day to me. Well, except for the fact that it was Easter. Maybe I should have been crying out of joy since the Son of God just rose from the dead for, like, the 1976th time or something.

After church, my family carried on with their Sunday activites while I went to watch Indochine, a movie my French teacher lent me. It was about this love triangle where a wealthy French woman and her adopted Vietnamese daughter are both in love with this officer of the French navy. I thought the movie was okay (and the French officer was really hot), but it had too much drama. Like a character in the movie said, "I will never understand the love stories of the French people. They are full of hate, suffering, and violence. They are like our war stories." Haha. Maybe the French war stories are more like love stories--a battlefield where they fight it out by making love in the trenches. That would be interesting since the French military are mostly men.

My mom came home shortly after the movie and took me shoe-shopping. We weren't really looking for shoes though, just spending time with each other. First, we tried Wal-Mart. Their selection was minimal, to put it politely. Then we tried the mall. That was closed. (We couldn't believe it either). Then we tried K-Mart, which was open and though I found a pair of shoes I liked, they were skateboarder shoes and I never skateboarded so...eh. I did find a bunch of cool hats though and some Zac Efron socks that I knew Craig would just LOVE to have. And so I bought them. Pity those Hannah Montana socks were too small. I could have bought a pair for Melissa.

After the unsuccessful shoe-shopping, my dad drove me back to Clemson while we discussed the usual: religion, the economy, why it was a pity that women and the lower classes weren't educated throughout history...

And then we came up to my room where I frantically searched for my phone and CU ID while my dad tried plugging a cable into the tv so I could finally watch my favorite episodes. Turns out the cable was too short. Just. My. Luck. My dad said that he would come back next week with a longer cable. Well, Dad, I wanted to say, by next week, I'll only live in this dorm for another nine days. But, of course, I was too polite to say that. Then my dad left and I sat around moping about my problems to Tyler (since he was the only one around) and eating ice cream before going back to my room to finish answering my facebook messages. Craig came into my room then and laughed about the socks gag. I was surprised. I'd thought he would be angry.

And then we (me, Craig, Khoa, and Tyler) went to dinner at Subway and talked about what guys talk about: having our hands in our pants, X-Men movies, Linkin Park, and just laughing at each other in general (or really me laughing at Craig trying to buttslap Khoa in front of the Subway customers/onlookers).

After dinner, Khoa and Tyler watched a movie on Khoa's laptop and Craig and I went to Java City where we ended up ordering the exact same thing (except my cafe white mocha was small and his was medium). My dad ended up calling Craig on his cell (since I wouldn't answer mine) and told me he found my phone and CU ID. It was a relief to hear that until I realized that he would not be able to give them to me until Wednesday.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to get back into McCabe for the next two days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.