Monday, August 12, 2013

Getting better at reaching happy mediums

Holy Crap, it has been over 24 hours since my breakup and I have not deactivated my facebook or deleted this blog. I haven't lashed out at anyone or withdrawn into my shell. I didn't stay in bed all day instead of going to work. I got up early, ate breakfast, and even practiced piano before I went to my summer job. While I was at work, I actually asked people for help instead of burying myself into my work in order to escape unpleasant emotions. I haven't deleted my ex's number from my phone, but I haven't sent him endless calls and messages, either. I only sent him one message saying good night and that I hope he had a good day. Was that too much? Maybe. In either case, I'm getting much better at having rational reactions to life events. I know how to reach a happy medium instead of swinging to extremes. Do you know what this means?! I'm getting better, people! I'm getting better! I'm learning to be in the middle of my emotions instead of trying to avoid them all the time. I'm learning to be normal instead of being weird! Maybe in ten years time *gasp* I can actually BE A NORMAL PERSON. Wish me luck, everyone. And keep reading. I'm moving on up in the world. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.