Thursday, January 17, 2013

Tea and Sunshine

The sun is shining today! It's been raining and overcast for the past five days and just this morning, the sun came out. I noticed when I was typing at the computer and I saw sunbeams streaming into the office. I was so excited that I ran to my nearest coworker and said, "The sun's shining, Nikki! The sun's shining!"

"The sun IS shining," she concurred, astonished as she watched the sunlight coming in through the window. "It wasn't shining when I came in," she said.
"It wasn't shining when I came in, either," I told her. "But it's shining now. (Cue Beetles song)

Of course, it was that moment when our internet decided to crap out so Nikki had to go and fix that. She wanted me to brew some coffee for her this morning, but I confessed that I didn't know how to use the coffee machine. In spite of working in a coffee shop for a year and a half, I still didn't know how to work a coffeemaker. In the end, Nikki had to do it herself.

An hour later, another coworker came in bearing boxes of tea and everyone brewed their own cup. I myself am sitting at the desk sipping Ultra Spice Chai. After a while, the coworker with the tea comes in and asks if anyone wants any candy; she has apple flavored candy and peppermints. I decline the candy but, at her suggestion, I take a peppermint and plunk it into my tea. So now I'm drinking Chai with a hint of peppermint and enjoying the sunshine. It's going to be a great day. :)

P.S. One of my coworkers was telling the story of how she put peppermint into her pineapple tea once and it turned out really well. She didn't think the flavors would go together, but in the end, she's glad she tried it. Now, however, she has to hide her peppermints and her peach and mango tea from her granddaughters because they like to use it all up. Ahhh, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.