Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Cranes for Japan

I was walking out of the library when I saw a box that had all these colorful figures in it. At first, I thought they were little notes, but they turned out to be origami cranes. I read the inscription on the box and it said that the cranes were a project by the campus's Acts of Kindness group. They had teamed up with an architecture group for a humanitarian cause. The cause was for the victims of the tsunami in Japan. Apparently, for every origami crane folded, the architecture group would send $2 to Japan to help relieve the damage done to the people over there. They had left little square pieces of origami paper for anyone who wanted to fold a crane and help the cause.

I was footsore from work and had to wait for the bus anyway, so I picked up a little sheet of blue paper from the box and folded a crane for them. That was my good deed for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.