Friday, December 31, 2010

Let there be lightbulbs!

I spent New Year's Eve in the chapel. Then I came out of the chapel to find that some bird has pooped on my car. Thanks a lot, God. I can see that You're shaping this up to be a great year for me.

I brought a watch with me to the chapel so I could tell exactly when it was midnight and wish everyone a happy new year. Apparently, I needn't have brought anything because the sound of fireworks going off outside gave it away. Well, I wished everyone a happy new year anyway and went home.

Once I reached my house, I caught a scent of vanilla in my room. Hmmm. This bodes well. It probably means that there's a lot of baking involved in this year. I'll see what I can make.

So far in my life, I've baked:

Chocolate chip cookies (seventh time's a charm!)
Sugar cookies
Shortbread cookies
(Yeah, a lot of cookies)
Beef casserole
Cheese lasagna
Chicken Kiev
Blackberry Cobbler
New York Style Cheesecake
Oreo Cheesecake
(I also tried doing an amaretto cheesecake once, but it just ended up tasting like cherry coke).

Of course, I'm not including simple cakes I bake out of a box. I'm doing the "made from scratch" stuff here.

In other news, this year's theme is "Let there be love." I found this out by typing in "Let there be" in the Google search bar and one of the first things that popped up was "Let there be lightbulbs". Lightbulbs? Well, I suppose they're important.

Side note: When I was young, I used to hear "How many [insert description: lawyers, rednecks, women, etc.] does it take to screw in a lightbulb?" jokes. For some odd reason, I thought that the lightbulb was supposed to be some innuendo. Now I realize that they mean it literally, and I must admit, some of those jokes are quite witty, albeit derogatory.

Well, everyone, here's to a new year. Let there be lightbulbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.