Monday, September 27, 2010

A run of good (and bad) luck

The good luck is that I woke up in time to take the practice GRE at 9 this morning. It wasn't so bad; it was just like the SAT. Craig and Johnathon are going to take it, too and if I could do fairly well, then they'll do stellar.

The Kaplan people who were giving the practice test gave us a ten minute break between the math and verbal sections. They had this table with bananas and granola bars on it. I ate one banana and...three granola bars. I need to stop eating like a pig.


Johnathon called me after I finished and said that he wanted to give me a present. I ended up eating lunch with Johnathon, too. We tried out my magic 8 ball (that was the present) while we were lunching at Paws. Johnathon tried to make me eat more, but I had so many granola bars that I ordered just mashed potatoes and gravy. I forgot that I still didn't have my wallet so I had to pay for my meal entirely in change. Luckily, I had just enough to pay for my $1.96 and have three cents left. I went back to Johnathon's place where I asked him about the math problems I encountered on the GRE and I watched with astoundment (is that even a word?) as he solved them. So simple! If you knew the formula...which I didn't. I better brush up on geometry then.

Johnathon drove me home afterwards. I spent the next two and a half hours napping and having strange dreams about Java City.

I made brownies when I woke up and...that's where George and Craig found me when they came to the apartment--on the floor with a tub of brownie dough. I froze while they laughed hysterically. When Craig saw what I held in my hand, he immediately looked confused and repulsed. "What are you doing pouring blood over rice?" Like I was an Asian vampire or something. He soon realized that it was brownie mix.

After I made brownies, I left George and Craig to play magic while I did homework on campus. That...did not go well. I originally went to the bell tower to practice music...just to find some ho bag up there with her family or friends or something. What a...! Cutting into my practice time, I muttered as I made my way down the carillon stairs and the other four flights of stairs to Tillman's first floor.

I decided to re-route to the Brooks Center instead so I can practice piano as well. I found out it was closed. At six. On Saturday. JUST Saturday. Every other day, it was open until midnight. WTF, mon?!

I heaved an epic sigh and turned heel to go to the library for research. As soon as I got THERE, I saw the security guard inside the library checking to see if the door was locked.

"Is the library closed?" I asked, half in hope, half in despair.
"Yup, it closes at 8 on Saturday."

It was 7:58 p.m. Curse! My! Luck! Curse everything! A part of me wanted to shout at the lady. ("Dishonor! Dishonor on your whole family! Dishonor on you! Dishonor on your cow!") Another part of me just wanted to break down and cry. I was just about to do that latter (and, hence, not make a scene) when someone beside me spoke up.

"Is the library closed?"
"Yes...!" I couldn't help but wail. The speaker turned out to be this girl named Monica. I immediately recognized her. She didn't remember me at all, but we ended up introducing ourselves.

Monica and I went to Brackett to study. She left around 10:00 and I stayed for a while longer. I tried to send out a few important emails but then my computer crapped out on me and I was like, "I've had enough! You can take this and shove it!"

I'm not that angry in real life, I swear. In reality, I just rolled my eyes, logged off, and went home. I retold this entire story to Craig later that night over Hershey's brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.