Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ever had a good day?

I woke up late this morning and just made it to the bus stop in time for the bus to pull up in front of me. Unfortunately, the bus driver held up his hand and said that he could only take five passengers. There were seven of us. Being the self-sacrificing son of a peach I am, I immediately started running to school, hoping I could make it in time for class. I plugged in my mP3 player and was sifting through all the songs to find a good running song when I heard a honk. It was a muffled honk, not the ones regular cars have. I looked to my left and lo and behold, there was another bus there.

Now let me explain something, the buses at my college town run every half hour and if you are walking on the path between bus stops when they pass you (even if they KNOW you need to get on the bus), they pass you by. They do not stop for you.

This one did. The huge bus skidded to a quiet, calm stop right in front of me, opened the doors, and...there was the smiling face of the bus driver lady. She didn't say a word, just smiled at me and waited for me to get on. Thank you, Karma. It's going to be a good day.

And it was. I went to my first class and got my quiz and test back. Made an A on both of them. I have a 95% in the class (and I didn't study for that test either). In my second class, I took an exam. Here's the preface to that story:

Since I had stayed up late studying for the exam, I was exhausted the next morning. Accordingly, when my alarm clock rang that morning, I turned it off and fell back asleep. When I woke up, I had fifteen minutes to get ready before the bus left (I already told you that story) so I had to skip breakfast. Well, I went to my school café to buy a bagel to eat so I won't be distracted during my exam by the soundtrack of my stomach. All this time, I was thinking I still had time to study the last few pages before the exam started.

I miscalculated. The exam started at 11 a.m. sharp, not 11:15. As soon as I got back to class, the teacher asked everyone if they were ready for the exam. What did I do? I spend a frantic 30 seconds looking over the last of my notes and then quickly put away my notebook before she passed out the exam.

Well, guess what? I knew what I was doing after all. The questions seemed familiar and the answers came easy. Thank God it's been good so far. Not only that, it gets better. I go to work and get to do a shift with my best friend. I finish my homework AND my paper. I take a walk with my buddies and we have a long, productive conversation.

Now that's what I call a good day. And to think it all started with a CAT bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.