Sunday, April 19, 2009

April 20, 2009

I was lying in bed
Eyes closed but not yet asleep
And then I heard
Heavy rain outside my window
Muted against the windowpanes

And I thought of you
And the rain reminded me of
Marching drumbeats
And little feet
(Did I just see lightning?)
And of old times passed
I thought about how the rain
The same droplet
Was recycled over and over again
Was it the same rain that fell
During the Great Flood?
Or during Caesar’s lifetime?
Was it snow at one point?
Or hail?
Or was it the rain
That fell mainly in the plain
In Spain?


Or maybe I was just over-imaginative
And should get some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I like this. Reminds me of the kind of musings that drift through my mind when I'm trying to fall asleep. Nice rhythm and use of line breaks.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm jumira-wings, likely to be one of the strangest people you'll ever meet.